🤑 In 2023,
Biography & Interesting Topics
Richard Pryor Net Worth & Biography
|Net worth:||$50 Million|
|Date of Birth:||December 01, 1940|
|Age:||82 Years Old|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (178 cm)|
|Marital Status:||Married to Patricia Price, Shelley R. Bonus, Deborah McGuire, Jennifer Lee, Flynn Belaine (M 1990, Div 1991)|
|Popular as:||He became one of the major box-office attractions in 1976 for Sliver Streak, Sings the Blue, etc…|
Richard Pryor’s real name was Richard Franklin Lennox Thomas Pryor born on December 1, 1940. He was an American stand-up comedian, and with his sharp observations and storytelling style, he reached a wide audience. He is widely regarded as one of the all-time greatest and most influential stand-up comedians. Richard Pryor Net Worth in 2022 – Age, Wife, Children, Death, Movies, TV Shows, Daughter, Education, Career, and so on… all of this information was available on this page.
So, keep reading to learn more about Richard Franklin Lennox Thomas Pryor net worth.
Richard Pryor’s Net Worth is $50 Million. In 2017, Rolling Stone ranked him first on its list of the 50 best stand-up comedians of all time, and he was ranked first on Comedy Central’s list of all-time greatest stand-up comedians.
Some frequently asked questions about Richard Pryor:
- What was the Richard Pryor’s first album?
- What was Richard Pryor disease?
- When Richard Pryor died?
- Richard Pryor’s highest net worth?
Pryor was born on December 1, 1940, in Peoria, Illinois. As one of four children, Pryor grew up in his grandmother’s brothel, which was run by his grandmother, Marie Carter, and where his alcoholic mother, Gertrude L. (née Thomas), worked as a prostitute. LeRoy “Buck Carter” Pryor, his father, was a former boxer, hustler, and pimp. Pryor was sexually abused at the age of seven in Peoria and evicted from school at the age of fourteen.
- Nationality – American
- Religion – Not Religions
- Ethnicity – African – American
- Education – Peoria High School, Peoria, IL
- Profession – Comedian, Actor, Screenwriter, Film Producer, Master of Ceremonies, Writer, Television producer
- Mother Name – Gertrude L. Thomas
- Father Name – LeRoy Pryor
- Siblings – Lawrence D. Keys
- Marital Status – Married
- Height – 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
- Horoscope – Sagittarius
- Hair Color – Black
- Eye Color – Dark Brown
Pryor met actress Pam Grier through comedian Freddie Prinze. They started dating after they were both cast in Greased Lightning (1977). Grier taught Pryor to read and attempted to help him overcome his drug addiction. Pryor married another woman while still dating Grier. During the filming of Some Kind of Hero, Pryor was dating actress Margot Kidder (1982). Kidder stated that when she first met Pryor, she “fell in love with him in two seconds flat.”
Marriages: Pryor was married seven times to five women
- Flynn Blaine (1986 – 1991)
- Jennifer Lee Pryor (1981 – 2005)
- Deborah McGuire (1977 – 1978)
- Shelley R. Bonus (1968 – 1970)
- Patricia Price (1961 – 1962)
Children: Pryor had seven children with six different women
- Son(s) – Stephen Michael Pryor, Franklin Pryor, Richard Pryor Jr.
- Daughter(s) – Kelsey Pryor, Rain Pryor, Renee Pryor, Elizabeth Pryor
- He found work as a stand-up comic all over the Midwest, performing in African American clubs in places like East St. Louis and Pittsburgh. Pryor relocated to New York City in 1963. He made his television debut the following year on the variety show On Broadway Tonight.
- When Pryor was hired to star in Stir Crazy in 1980, he became the first black actor to earn a million dollars for a single film.
- Pryor made an appearance in the cold open of The Norm Show’s episode “Norm vs. The Boxer” in late December 1999. When he kept attacking the nurses before attacking Norm, he was playing Mr. Johnson, an elderly man in a wheelchair who has lost the right to in-home nursing. This was his final television appearance.
Assets & Properties
Richard Pryor bought the Mission-style home in California in 1974; it was built in the 1920s, destroyed by an earthquake in 1994, and rebuilt in 1996.
Cars & Houses
- He owned a 1981 Mercedes-Benz 280CE
Awards & Achievements
- Richard Pryor received an Emmy Award in 1973 as well as five Grammy Awards (1974, 1975, 1976, 1981, and 1982).
- Pryor also received two American Academy of Humor awards and the Writers Guild of America Award in 1974.
- In 1998, Pryor became the first person to be awarded the Kennedy Center’s Mark Twain Prize for American Humor
- Pryor was ranked first on Comedy Central’s list of the 100 Greatest Stand-ups of All Time in 2004. Pryor was voted the tenth-greatest comedy act ever by fellow comedians and comedy insiders in a 2005 British poll to find “The Comedian’s Comedian”
- In 2006, Pryor was posthumously honored with the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.
Richard Pryor’s Year-wise Net Worth – Last 5 Years
Following table is the last 5 years net worth figures of Richard Pryor
|Richard Pryor Net Worth – Year Wise||Net Worth in $|
|Net Worth in 2023||$52 Million|
|Net Worth in 2021||$43 Million|
|Net Worth in 2020||$31 Million|
|Net Worth in 2019||$25 Million|
|Net Worth in 2018||$20 Million|
Richard Pryor Social Media Profile
Death & Legacy
- Pryor suffered a third heart attack in Los Angeles on December 10, 2005, just nine days after his 65th birthday. He was taken to a nearby hospital after his wife’s attempts to resuscitate him failed. He died at 7:58 a.m. PST.
- His widow, Jennifer, was quoted as saying, “At the end, there was a smile on his face. He was cremated, and his ashes were given to his family.” His ashes were scattered in the bay at Hana, Hawaii, by his widow in 2019.
- Forensic pathologist Michael Hunter believes Pryor’s fatal heart attack was caused by coronary artery disease, which was caused in part by years of tobacco smoking.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
What was Richard Pryor’s disease?
He had been suffering from multiple sclerosis, a degenerative disease of the nervous system, for many years.
What did Richard Pryor do?
Richard Pryor, who was a class clown in school and a community theatre actor in his teens, went on to become a successful stand-up comedian, television writer, and movie actor, appearing in films such as Stir Crazy and Greased Lightning.
What was Richard Pryor’s highest net worth?
Richard Pryor was a $40 million net worth American comedian, actor, and writer who died in 2005. After adjusting for inflation, that equates to about $50 million in today’s dollars.
When was Richard Pryor diagnosed with multiple sclerosis?
Richard Pryor was 17 years old when he discovered he had the disease. The symptoms were subtle at first, but after a few years, the disease began to impair his ability to walk and drive. He could no longer get out of bed and into his wheelchair by 1994.
Richard Pryor’s famous movies
- The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars & Motor Kings (1976)
- Silver Streak (1976)
- Greased Lightning (1977)
- Blue Collar (1978)
- California Suite (1978)
- The Muppet Movie (1979)
- Stir Crazy (1980)
- The Toy (1982)
- Brewster’s Millions (1985)
- Jo Jo Dancer, Your Life Is Calling (1986)
- Moving (1988)
- Harlem Nights (1989)
- See No Evil, Hear No Evil (1989)
- Lost Highway (1997)
Richard was light years ahead of his time. Comics were not vulnerable in the times he grew up in. He was the first to show his pain on stage, and he is always capable of making it funny. Richard spoke openly about issues such as race relations, which had never been done before. Richard took risks, and others followed. He wielded enormous power.