🤑 In 2023,
Biography & Interesting Topics
Tim Burton Net Worth & Biography
|Net worth:||$160 Million|
|Date of Birth:||August 25, 1958|
|Age:||64 Years Old|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (182 cm)|
|Marital Status:||Married to Lena Gieseke|
|Popular as:||Fairy Tales, Gothic Traditions, Popular Culture|
Tim Burton Biography
Tim Burton Net Worth in 2022 & Biography, age, affairs, siblings, height, films, awards, etc. Tim Burton is a filmmaker, artist, writer, and animator from the United States. Burton is best known for his work on the films dark, gothic, and eccentric horror and fantasy films such as ‘Beetlejuice’, ‘Edward Scissorhands, The Nightmare Before Christmas’, ‘Dark Shadows, and ‘Frankenweenie’. Tim Burton’s Net Worth, age, movies, awards, and all the remaining details were available here on this page.
Tim Burton’s Networth is $160 Million. More than any other style, Burton’s aesthetic reflects German Expressionism. Expressionism began as a modern art movement and quickly spread to influence art throughout Europe in the 1920s.
Tim Burton Net worth in 2023
|Net Worth 2023||$160 Million|
|Monthly Income & Earnings||$2 Million +|
|Yearly Earnings||$25 Million +|
|Income Source||Direction, Production, screenwriting animator, artist|
|Last Updated||January 2023|
Some frequently asked questions about Tim Burton
- What Is Tim Burton’s Most Famous Movie?
- What is Tim Burton’s biggest movie?
- What was Tim Burton’s first hit movie?
- What is Tim Burton most famous for?
- Timothy Walter Burton was born in Burbank, California, to Jean Burton and Bill Burton on August 25, 1958. His mother ran a cat-themed gift shop, and his father was a former minor league baseball player who worked for the ‘Burbank Park and Recreation Department.’
- Burton received his primary education at ‘Burbank High School.’ Tim was a typical student who was uninterested in the regular curriculum and preferred to spend his time drawing, painting, and watching movies.
- He began making films in his early adolescence. Burton enjoyed making short films using stop-motion animation techniques. When he was 13, he made a film called ‘The Island of Doctor Agor.’
- After graduating from ‘Burbank High School,’ he attended the ‘California Institute of Arts’ to study character animation. He made films such as Stalk of the Celery Monster and King and Octopus while studying here. Tim graduated from the institute in 1979.
- Burton married German artist Lena Gieseke in 1987. After four years their marriage ended in 1991.
- He left her to be with Lisa Marie Smith after their marriage failed. after 10 years Tim split up with Lisa in 2001.
- Then Burton began dating actress Helena, Bonham Carter. They had a son and a daughter. In 2014, Burton and Helena divorced.
|Name||Timothy Walter Burton|
|Spouse||Lena Gieseke (M. 1987 – Div. 1991)|
|Children||Billy Raymond Burton, Nell Burton|
|Relationship Status||Dating with Eva Green|
|Divorce||Lena Gieseke (1991)|
|Affairs||Lisa Marie (1991 – 2001)|
Helena Bonham Carter (2001 – 2014)
- Burton began his career as an apprentice animator at ‘Walt Disney Studios.’ However, his time at the studio was cut short due to creative differences with some of the executives.
- During his time at ‘Disney,’ Tim launched his solo career, creating a short film titled ‘Vincent,’ which was shown at the ‘Chicago Film Festival.’ The film received positive feedback and earned him an award.
- Tim then directed his first live-action film, ‘Hansel and Gretel.’ ‘Frankenweenie,’ his next live-action short film, was released in 1984. This year also marked the end of his tenure with ‘Disney.’
- Because of the success of his first two short films, Tim was able to direct the film adaptation of his popular character ‘Pee-wee Herman.’ ‘Pee-Big wee’s Adventure’ was the title of the film. The film marked Tim and songwriter Danny Elfman’s first collaboration, which would last for years.
- ‘Pee-Big wee’s Adventure’ was a huge success, and it gave him the opportunity to direct more films like it throughout the decade. These films included ‘Bettlejuice’ and ‘Batman,’ both of which were huge successes and settled his reputation as an excellent director. At the time of its release, ‘Batman’ was one of the biggest box office hits.
- With the romance fantasy film ‘Edward Scissorhands,’ he kicked off the 1990s. Critics consider the film, which went on to be successful, to be one of his best to date.
- Because of the success of ‘Batman,’ Tim created its sequel, ‘Batman Returns,’ in 1992. The film was a darker adaptation of its predecessor, focusing on the villains rather than the superhero. It received positive feedback from both the audience and the critics.
- Burton wrote and produced the animated musical film ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’ in 1993. The film, which was well received by critics and audiences alike, went on to achieve commercial and critical success.
- In 1994, Burton released two more films, ‘Cabin Boy’ and ‘Ed Wood,’ both of which were poorly received and commercial failures. The only saving grace was the praise given to ‘Ed Wood’ by the critics.
- He began producing the next film in the ‘Batman’ franchise, ‘Batman Forever,’ in 1994. The film, directed by Joel Schumacher, was a box office smash, grossing more than $336 million.
- Following the success of his most recent ‘Batman’ film, he collaborated with Denise Di Novi to produce ‘James and the Giant Peach.’ The film, directed by Henry Selick, was well received by critics.
- ‘Mars Attacks,’ ‘Superman Lives,’ and ‘Sleepy Hollow’ were his final three films of the 1990s.
- He created his next project, ‘Planet of the Apes,’ in the new millennium. Despite mixed reviews from critics and audiences, the film was a commercial success.
- He then made the film ‘Big Fish,’ based on the novel of the same name. Both commercially and critically, the film was a smash hit. It was nominated for four ‘Golden Globes’ and one ‘Academy Award.’
- Burton released ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory’ and ‘Corpse Bride’ in 2005. The former grossed $475 million at the box office and was nominated for an ‘Academy Award’ in the ‘Best Costume Design’ category. ‘Corpse Bride’ was his first full-length stop-motion film as a director.
- He directed ‘Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street’ in 2007.
- In 2009, he released titled ‘9,’ an adult computer-animated science fiction film. Both films were well received and received numerous nominations and awards at prestigious award ceremonies such as the ‘Academy Awards,’ ‘Golden Globe Awards,’ and so on.
- He directed ‘Alice in Wonderland,’ which received Academy Awards for ‘Best Art Direction’ and ‘Best Costume Design’ in 2010. His next album, ‘Dark Shadows,’ received mixed reviews from critics.
- In 2012, he worked as a co-producer on the film ‘Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.’ Seth Grahame-novel Smith’s of the same name inspired the film. The following year, Tim directed ‘Frankenweenie,’ an adaptation of his 1984 short film.
- ‘Big Eyes,’ a biographical drama film, was co-produced and directed by Buton in 2014. The film was nominated for a ‘British Academy Film Award’ in the category of ‘Best Production Design’ in 2015.
- Timothy Walter Burton directed the fantasy film ‘Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children’ in 2016. The movie was a financial success, grossing $296.5 million at the box office. Burton also produced ‘Alice Through the Looking Glass,’ a sequel to his 2010 film ‘Alice in Wonderland,’ that same year.
- He directed the fantasy adventure film ‘Dumbo,’ which premiered in Los Angeles on March 11, 2019. The film grossed $353.3 million at the box office, far exceeding its $170 million budget.
Assets & Properties
When Burton and Bonham Carter were together, they lived in two adjacent London homes connected by an underground passageway. After the couple split up, Burton purchased a $14 million mansion near Bonham Carter’s former home, and Bonham Carter now owns both properties.
Cars & Houses
- Tim Burton, the film director, and producer appeared to be keeping a low profile in his Range Rover.
Awards & Achievements
- He received the ‘Golden Lion for Lifetime Achievement Award’ at the 64th Venice International Film Festival in 2007.
- Burton earned the ‘Scream Immortal Award’ in 2008 for his unique take on horror and fantasy.
- He presided over the jury at the 63rd annual ‘Cannes Film Festival,’ which took place from May 12 to 24, 2010 in Cannes, France.
- In 2010, he was awarded the title of Chevalier of Arts and Letters by then-Minister of Culture Frédéric Mitterrand.
- He has received numerous prestigious awards throughout his career, including the ‘Emmy Award,’ ‘Golden Globe Awards,’ ‘National Board of Review Awards,’ and ‘Producers Guild of America Awards.’
Tim Burton’s Year-wise Net Worth – Last 5 Years
Following table is the last 5 years net worth figures of Tim Burton
|Tim Burton Net Worth – Year Wise||Net Worth in $|
|Net Worth in 2023||$160 Million|
|Net Worth in 2021||$145 Million|
|Net Worth in 2020||$100 Million|
|Net Worth in 2019||$125 Million|
|Net Worth in 2018||$95 Million|
Tim Burton Social Media Profile
|Tim Burton (@timburton) • Instagram photos and videos|
- From November 22, 2009, to April 26, 2010, Burton’s exhibit featured approximately 700 works, including drawings and paintings, photography and moving-image works, puppets and costumes from his films, as well as ephemera and film-related items.
- Burton’s works have been shown at the Australian Centre for the Moving Image in Melbourne, the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA), The Neon Museum in Las Vegas, the Cinematheque Française in Paris, the Seoul Museum of Art in Seoul, South Korea, the Stone Bell House in Prague, the Czech Republic, and the Artis Tree in Taikoo Place in Hong Kong, among others.
Tim Burton’s Movies
1. 1997 (1974) – (Short)
2. Edward Scissorhands (1990) – (Romance, Fantasy, Drama)
3. The Muppet Movie (1979) – (Musical, Family, Comedy, Adventure)
4. Big Fish (2003) – (Romance, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy)
5. Ed Wood (1994) – (Biography, Comedy, Drama)
6. Frankenweenie (1984) – (Sci-Fi, Drama, Comedy, Short)
7. Batman (1989) – (Action, Adventure)
8. Beetlejuice (1988) – (Fantasy, Comedy)
9. Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007) – (Drama, Thriller, Horror, Musical)
10. Sleepy Hollow (1999) – (Fantasy, Horror, Mystery)
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
What Was Tim Burton’s Most Recent Film?
Burton’s most recent film was “Dumbo,” an American fantasy period adventure film that was released in 2019.
Why does Tim Burton use dark Colors?
Burton implements color in many of his films to create contrasting effects between fear and excitement.
What techniques does Tim Burton use?
Tim Burton uses a wide variety of cinematic techniques in his films to achieve very specific effects. Non-Diegetic sound, lighting, eye level, and zoom are the most important cinematic techniques he employs to create his distinct style.
Does Tim Burton like Johnny Depp?
Tim Burton always mentioned how much he loves and trusts his creative partner. In short, the two are likely still friends, which means Burton and Depp could work together again on a film or television project soon.
Tim Burton is a writer, producer, director, artist, and animator from the United States. Burton, who possessed exceptional drawing abilities and imaginativeness, turned his hobby into a successful career. However, Tim Burton’s path in the film industry was never easy. His career also went through ups and downs. But he was eager to succeed, eager to show that he could be the most popular director of the twentieth century.
As of January 2023, Tim Burton’s net worth is $160 Million.